Phi Sigma Pi is based on a tripod of scholarship, leadership, and fellowship. The Fraternity is built on and dedicated to these three ideals.
Fraternal orders have existed since 1427 B.C. Phi Sigma Pi was established on February 14, 1916 by founders Dr. Eldo L Hendricks, Dr. Claude A Phillips, and Dr. C. H. McClure. The fraternity was created at the State Teachers College at Warrensburg, Missouri, known today as Central Missouri State University. In 1921, it expanded into a "National" Fraternity, and then in 1966 a National "Honor" Fraternity.
The Alpha Epsilon Chapter of Phi Sigma Pi was founded on October 30, 1988 at West Chester University in West Chester, Pennsylvania. Since that date, it has received numerous awards and recognitions. It has been recognized for excellence within the organization on a national level for its achievements in supporting the tripod.
The Alpha Epsilon Chapter of Phi Sigma Pi has won several awards and received various recognitions since the Chapter's birth in 1988.Joseph Torchia Outstanding Chapter Award: 1993, 1994, 1997, 2003
Phi Sigma Pi Top Ten Award: 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2003
Steven A. DiGuiseppe Administrative Award: 1992, 1998
Charles W. Chance Alumni Award: 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998
Most Outstanding Advisor Award: Dr. Melissa Cichowicz (2001)
Distinguished Service Key Recipients: Tammy Mleziva, Stephen L. Johnson
Here is a current listing of scholarships available to Brothers of the Alpha Epsilon Chapter:Harry W. Womelsdorf Memorial Book Scholarship:
Richard Cecil Todd and Clauda Pennock Todd Tripod Scholarship:
Rolla F. Wood Graduate Scholarship: